Dawsonville, GA Auto Accident Attorney
Experienced Car Accident Attorneys in Dawsonville, Georgia
Being the victim of a car accident can be a traumatic experience and leave you in chronic pain. After an accident, you may be left with serious injuries and extensive medical expenses. On top of this, you are burdened with navigating the insurance claim process at the risk of unintentionally providing grounds for the insurance company to deny coverage. In many instances, unrepresented auto accident victims are mistreated by insurance adjusters and are coerced to settle their claims for an amount before the nature and extent of the injuries are fully known.
At Davies Hothem Injury Law, we ensure that you are fully compensated for past, present, and future medical expenses, past, present, and future lost income, and past, present, and future pain and suffering. While you focus on making a full recovery from your injuries, let us make sure you are fully compensated for everything you are going through.
Unlike many billboard personal injury attorneys, our experienced Dawsonville, GA auto accident attorneys at Davies Hothem Injury Law have spent the last decade advocating for clients in a real courtroom. Collectively, Kristy, Jennifer, and Dustin have recovered over 140 million dollars for our clients. With our team of skilled car accident attorneys in your corner, you can have peace of mind knowing that your legal rights are protected and that we are working diligently to get the compensation you deserve.
Car Accident Cases We Handle
- Truck, Bus, and Commercial Vehicle Accidents
- Wrongful Death Accidents
- Ride-Sharing Accidents (e.g. Uber / Lift)
- Drunk-Driving Accidents
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Tire Blowout and Rollover Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Road Defect Accidents
Recent Car Accident Results
- 2 Million Recovered from a Truck Accident in May and June 2022
- 1.25 Million Recovered from a Motorcycle Accident in November 2022
- Large Confidential Settlement Recovered for Product Liability Wrongful Death Accident in October 2022
- Large Confidential Settlement Recovered for Wrongful Death Log Truck Accident in October 2022
Car Accident Injuries
Even if you do not experience immediate pain, car accident injuries can result in a wide range of injuries, including:
- Concussions or Traumatic Brain Injuries – Concussions are traumatic brain injuries and can result anytime the brain is exposed to rapid movement inside the skull. This can occur with or without blunt force trauma to the head. In other words, you can suffer a traumatic brain injury even if the head does not make physical contact with another object. Symptoms of a traumatic brain injury include changes in vision and hearing, headaches, nausea or vomiting, short term memory loss and depression.
- Neck or Back Injuries – Injuries to the spinal cord in the neck and back are extremely common following a car accident. Symptoms of a neck injury can include radiating neck and arm pain, as well as numbness and tingling in the fingers. Similarly, symptoms of a back injury can include radiating back, groin and buttock pain, as well as numbness and tingling in the toes.
- Shoulder, Wrist, Knee, and Ankle Injuries
- Broken bones
- Injuries to internal organs
Investigation at Davies Hothem Injury Law
According to the Georgia Dept. of Public Health, auto accidents are the leading cause of hospitalizations and emergency room visits in Georgia. In 2020 alone, there were 1,588 traffic fatalities on our roads.
Some of the most common forms of negligent driving behavior in Georgia include:
- Distracted driving – this includes all forms of distractions such as texting, setting media devices and GPS directions, eating, drinking, or even diverting attention to other passengers in the vehicle
- Impaired driving – including driving under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs, prescription medications, or over-the-counter medications
- Drowsy driving – drowsy driving in many instances is the equivalent of impaired driving
- Reckless driving – including weaving, tailgating, running lights and stop signs, and road rage
- Speeding – including driving in excess of posted speed limits or driving too fast for current road, weather, or traffic conditions
Determining the cause of an accident is a critical component to establishing liability in any car accident case. Only when the cause of an accident is properly investigated can all sources of insurance coverage be determined. For example, if in the above situation where a driver was distracted by using his or her cell phone while operating a commercial motor vehicle, the motor carrier’s liability coverage should come into play. Another example would be a driver’s impairment due alcohol he or she was overserved with at a local restaurant or bar, in which a general commercial liability policy may come into play.
When you hire Davies Hothem Injury Law, we guarantee that your case will be thoroughly investigated, and all sources of insurance are uncovered so that you are fully and fairly compensated for the injuries you suffered.
How is Fault Determined in a Car Accident in Georgia?
Our immediate first step at Davies Hothem Injury Law is to gather all evidence that establishes liability regardless of investigating law enforcement’s determination of fault. Surprisingly, insurance adjusters will dispute an officer’s finding that its insured was at-fault if there is even the slightest reason to do so. For this reason, among others, it is imperative that evidence be preserved before it is lost, including 911 calls, body cam, dash cam, witness statements, store or other video surveillance and in some cases, black box data from all of the involved vehicles. Black box data can be informative as to speed, steering input and braking seconds before, during and after a crash.
When you have the representation of the experienced Dawsonville, GA car accident lawyers at Davies Hothem Injury Law on your side, we will leave no stone unturned to prove liability and maximize the recovery in your case.
How much is my case worth?
The value of your case depends on a number of factors, including your injuries, coverage available and the experience of the attorney you hire. Generally speaking, the value of your case depends on your medical expenses, lost income and pain and suffering. Because of our exhaustive investigations and extensive experience, choosing an attorney at Davies Hothem Injury Law will, in and of itself, increase the value of your case.
If you have suffered an injury in a car accident in Georgia, call us at (678) 780-7817 or contact us via our website contact form to schedule a no-cost consultation.