Dawsonville, GA Truck Accident Attorney
Experienced Truck Accident Lawyers Serving Dawsonville, Georgia
While our country relies on the quick and efficient hauling of goods, many times this comes at a human cost. Some of the most deadly accidents on our roads today involve large trucks and commercial vehicles. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, in 2019 alone, 60,744 tractor-trailers and commercial rigs were involved in crashes resulting in injuries and 4,805 trucks were involved in fatal crashes. Even more unfortunate is that many of these were caused by negligence.
If you have been injured in an accident involving one of these large commercial vehicles, you should not try to navigate an injury claim alone. These claims are extremely complex, and the large companies that insure these vehicles are frequently reluctant to pay fair injury settlements without a fight. That is where we come in.
At Davies Hothem Injury Law, our skilled team of Dawsonville, GA truck accident attorneys understand the industry, FMCSA regulations, and how these claims work. We understand the multiple ways that drivers and the companies they work for can be held accountable for these accidents and how to protect the rights of those who have been injured.
Common Causes Of Truck Accidents
While truck accidents can be caused by many of the same things that other motor vehicle accidents are caused by, some causes are particular to the trucking industry. These include:
- Driver drowsiness – Most drivers work under tight schedules that often require many hours behind the wheel of their vehicle. Even though the FMCSA specifically addresses this under their Hours of Service limitations, drivers are often left circumventing these regulations to stay on schedule.
- Driver impairment and distraction – Distraction and boredom often leads to the negligent behavior of drivers who still need to make schedule despite lack of downtime or boredom
- Improper loading and securing of cargo – When cargo is not properly distributed and secured, the balance of the trailer can shift, resulting in rollovers. Cargo may also spill out onto the roadway, leaving a dangerous condition for other drivers.
- Lack of maintenance – Large commercial rigs put on hundreds of miles with each load and require ongoing maintenance, demanding downtime and a potential hit to schedule constraints and profitability.
- Violations of FMCSA regulations – The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration imposes regulations to ensure the safety of large commercial rigs. Unfortunately, these eat into scheduling demands that often leave drivers and owners ignoring regulations or faking logbook requirements.
In addition, truck drivers all too often are cited with speeding and other moving violations, which puts everyone on the road at risk.
If you have been injured in a truck accident, the experienced Dawsonville, GA truck accident attorneys at Davies Hothem Injury Law understand the unique complexities surrounding these large vehicles. Let us help protect your rights to compensation for your injuries.
The Complexity Of Truck Accidents
Unlike accidents involving smaller motor vehicles, the commercial trucking industry is federally regulated with multiple points of liability. In a truck accident, proving negligence and responsibility can be complicated, potentially falling on:
- The driver who works for a company
- The owner/operator
- The company employing the driver
- The company that leased the truck or trailer
- The company that contracted the load
- The individual responsible for maintaining the truck
- The manufacturer of the truck or its various parts
Pursuing a truck accident claim requires an attorney who understands the unique requirements and potential evidence surrounding these complicated cases.
A skilled truck accident attorney will understand how and where to collect critical evidence specific to the industry in order to support an accident claim and prove negligence, including:
- The rig’s black box information
- A driver’s qualifications, training, and drug and alcohol file
- Daily logbook information
- Any company violations
- Maintenance, inspection, and repair logs
- The motor carrier’s safety ratings and any previous violations of FMCSA regulations
- Cell phone records
- Video or drive cam evidence
If you have been injured in an accident involving a large commercial vehicle in Georgia, you should get experienced legal representation. At Davies Hothem Injury Law, our highly skilled team of Dawsonville, GA truck accident attorneys will pursue every possible avenue to get you the compensation you deserve.
Getting Legal Representation After A Truck Accident
When you have been involved in a truck accident, you are usually going up against a large commercial enterprise with an equally large insurance company and a team of lawyers. You should not face this alone. If you have been injured in a truck accident that was caused by the negligence of the trucking company or driver, you are entitled to compensation for your injuries from the at-fault party.
Call a Dawsonville, GA Truck Accident Lawyer at Davies Hothem Injury Law Today
Let us help. At Davies Hothem Injury Law, our team of experienced Dawsonville, GA truck accident attorneys will put our years of experience on your side to ensure that you get what you deserve. Call us or contact us via our online contact form to schedule a free consultation.